Habitat for Humanity of Salem County, NJ builds and repairs houses throughout Salem County using volunteer labor and donations. We believe that everyone should have a decent, safe and affordable place to live. Our partner families purchase these houses through no-profit, no-interest mortgage loans or innovative financing methods.
Building Homes ♦ Fixing Homes
♦ Building Wheelchair Ramps ♦
We fund these projects by selling new & gently used good from ReStore. Your donations to ReStore are always needed and appreciated.
Right here in Salem County:
Homes in Progress
“The theology of the hammer embraces wholeheartedly the idea that the love of God and love of man must be blended. The word and the deed must come together. One without the other is devoid of meaning … As the deed gets closer to the word, God gets closer to us. The results are always wonderful — and sometimes spectacular!”
— Millard Fuller, Founder
Habitat for Humanity International
The Latest News
Now collecting complete auction basket items.
Drop off location: ReStore Habitat for Humanity of Salem County, New Jersey
DOUBLE the DONATION DOUBLE the IMPACT All donations received from June lst through December 1, 2019 will be matched, dollar for dollar - up to $20,000. Make checks payable to Habitat for Humanity with MATCHING GIFT in the memo line. Send donations to: 416 S....
Applications are available at the Habitat Restore. Contact Habitat @ 856 299-7995 for an appointment with our Handyman Bill Nelson to see if you qualify for the grant funding!
TICKETS AVAILABLE NOW for Monday, October 14, 2019 from 5 – 8pm, to be held at the Salem Community College Field House. Over 25 Restaurants & Caterers participating!
The contract’s signed, God bless you in your new adventure!
Delsea did an amazing job and she was rewarded today with 1st place! Thank you to our Veterans who graced the float.
Homeownership is Important
Everyone deserves a safe, decent, affordable place to call home.
Homeownership Means Better Health
- Proven decreases in childhood health issues including asthma, mental health and developmental issues, and stunted growth.
- First time homeowners report high life satisfaction, self-esteem, and perceived control over their lives.
Homeownership is a Pathway Out of Poverty
- Use of government assistance declines notable among low income homeowners compared to renters.
- Homeownership leads to wealth creation.
Homeownership Provides Safety
- Homeowners are significantly at lower risk of becoming a victim of a violent assault, and have a lower incidence of crime overall.
Homeownership Leverages Educational Investment
- Children in home owning families outperform renters in math and reading achievements and are proven to have fewer behavioral problems, higher levels of educational achievement, and greater earnings.
- Adults who own their own homes are more likely to pursue their own Continued Education.
Homeownership Leads to Stable Neighborhoods and Thriving Families
- Homeowners are 15% more likely to vote.
- People who own their home live four times longer in their neighborhoods are 28% more likely to maintain and improve their home.
- Affordable homeownership opportunities relieve demand on the rental market and keep rents more attainable for the most vulnerable populations.
Quick Contact Form
FIND US AT: 416 S. Pennsville Auburn Rd | Carneys Point, NJ 08069 ♦ Call us at 856-299-0031