Habitat for Humanity of Salem County, NJ builds and repairs houses throughout Salem County using volunteer labor and donations. We believe that everyone should have a decent, safe and affordable place to live. Our partner families purchase these houses through no-profit, no-interest mortgage loans or innovative financing methods.
Building Homes ♦ Fixing Homes
♦ Building Wheelchair Ramps ♦
We fund these projects by selling new & gently used good from ReStore. Your donations to ReStore are always needed and appreciated.
Right here in Salem County:
“The theology of the hammer embraces wholeheartedly the idea that the love of God and love of man must be blended. The word and the deed must come together. One without the other is devoid of meaning … As the deed gets closer to the word, God gets closer to us. The results are always wonderful — and sometimes spectacular!”
— Millard Fuller, Founder
Habitat for Humanity International
Homeownership is Important
Everyone deserves a safe, decent, affordable place to call home.
Homeownership Means Better Health
- Proven decreases in childhood health issues including asthma, mental health and developmental issues, and stunted growth.
- First time homeowners report high life satisfaction, self-esteem, and perceived control over their lives.
Homeownership is a Pathway Out of Poverty
- Use of government assistance declines notable among low income homeowners compared to renters.
- Homeownership leads to wealth creation.
Homeownership Provides Safety
- Homeowners are significantly at lower risk of becoming a victim of a violent assault, and have a lower incidence of crime overall.
Homeownership Leverages Educational Investment
- Children in home owning families outperform renters in math and reading achievements and are proven to have fewer behavioral problems, higher levels of educational achievement, and greater earnings.
- Adults who own their own homes are more likely to pursue their own Continued Education.
Homeownership Leads to Stable Neighborhoods and Thriving Families
- Homeowners are 15% more likely to vote.
- People who own their home live four times longer in their neighborhoods are 28% more likely to maintain and improve their home.
- Affordable homeownership opportunities relieve demand on the rental market and keep rents more attainable for the most vulnerable populations.
MANY THANKS TO OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS
American Dream Realty ♦ Century Savings Bank ♦ Dry Guys ♦ EMS Cafe ♦ Farmers of Salem ♦ Franklin Bank ♦ Fulton Bank ♦ Home Depot Foundation ♦ Laury Heating, Cooling & Plumbing ♦ Mannington Mills ♦ Pointe Buick GMC ♦ Resources for Independent Living ♦ Salem County Chamber of Commerce ♦ Salem Health & Wellness Foundation ♦ TD Bank Charitable Foundation ♦ Thrivent Financial ♦ USDA ♦ USDA Rural Development
Quick Contact Form
FIND US AT: 416 S. Pennsville Auburn Rd | Carneys Point, NJ 08069 ♦ Call us at 856-299-0031