Habitat for Humanity of Salem County, NJ builds and repairs houses throughout Salem County using volunteer labor and donations. We believe that everyone should have a decent, safe and affordable place to live. Our partner families purchase these houses through no-profit, no-interest mortgage loans or innovative financing methods.
Building Homes ♦ Fixing Homes
♦ Building Wheelchair Ramps ♦
We fund these projects by selling new & gently used good from ReStore. Your donations to ReStore are always needed and appreciated.
Right here in Salem County:
Homes in Progress
“The theology of the hammer embraces wholeheartedly the idea that the love of God and love of man must be blended. The word and the deed must come together. One without the other is devoid of meaning … As the deed gets closer to the word, God gets closer to us. The results are always wonderful — and sometimes spectacular!”
— Millard Fuller, Founder
Habitat for Humanity International
The Latest News
Applications are available at Habitat for Humanity ReStore 416 S. Pennsville Auburn Rd., Carneys Point.
For more information contact: Sue Ann Leighty – email@example.com or 856-299-7995.
The 35th Anniversary celebration was a great success! There was good food, good company and a great sense of accomplishment for our organization. Please enjoy our photos from the event.
More than 40 people, including the new homeowners and the volunteers who helped to build the homes at 672 and 674 Gershal Ave., turned out this past weekend for the dedication of the structures.
We are so grateful to the wonderful individuals and organizations who donated supplies or gifts of money to help us recover after the theft this past summer. What started out as a cloud most certainly turned into the most wonderful silver lining!
Two Habitat for Humanity organizations that were the victims of recent thefts in which thousands of dollars in tools were stolen are able to carry on their missions thanks to the generosity of local residents and businesses.
During the week-long event, women devote at least one day to the effort to eliminate poverty housing. The event is typically held the week leading up to Mother’s Day These dates are significant to many volunteers, as families with children make up a staggering number...
Homeownership is Important
Everyone deserves a safe, decent, affordable place to call home.
Homeownership Means Better Health
- Proven decreases in childhood health issues including asthma, mental health and developmental issues, and stunted growth.
- First time homeowners report high life satisfaction, self-esteem, and perceived control over their lives.
Homeownership is a Pathway Out of Poverty
- Use of government assistance declines notable among low income homeowners compared to renters.
- Homeownership leads to wealth creation.
Homeownership Provides Safety
- Homeowners are significantly at lower risk of becoming a victim of a violent assault, and have a lower incidence of crime overall.
Homeownership Leverages Educational Investment
- Children in home owning families outperform renters in math and reading achievements and are proven to have fewer behavioral problems, higher levels of educational achievement, and greater earnings.
- Adults who own their own homes are more likely to pursue their own Continued Education.
Homeownership Leads to Stable Neighborhoods and Thriving Families
- Homeowners are 15% more likely to vote.
- People who own their home live four times longer in their neighborhoods are 28% more likely to maintain and improve their home.
- Affordable homeownership opportunities relieve demand on the rental market and keep rents more attainable for the most vulnerable populations.
Quick Contact Form
FIND US AT: 416 S. Pennsville Auburn Rd | Carneys Point, NJ 08069 ♦ Call us at 856-299-0031